The National Population Commission (NPC) on Friday discovered that the fee had spent no much less than N200 billion in training for the censuscensus in 8 years.
The NPC’s Director of Public Affairs, Isiaka Yahaya, stated the insinuation that the sum turned into spent withinside the previous few years changed into misguided because the fee have been making ready for the census for the reason that 2014.
He said this at some point of a press convention in Abuja on Friday.
“Yes, it’s miles authentic that N200bn has been spent on arrangements for the 2023 Census so far. However, this fund changed into now no longer expended withinside the previous couple of weeks, months or years however alternatively due to the fact 2014 while arrangements for the 2023 Census honestly began.
“Indeed, a part of the N200 billion became expended earlier than the approaching of the existing fee, which turned into inaugurated two times among 2018 and 2020 or even earlier than the inception of the Buhari Administration,” he stated.
Yahaya stated the large sum became spent on one of a kind preparatory methods to make certain the workout comes out with credible and desirable facts.
He said leader amongst its spending become the demarcation of the u . s . a . into enumeration regions for smooth clustering and which has furnished the usa with records at the variety of homes withinside the usa.
Nigeria’s census which have to were held when you consider that 2016 following the hints of the United Nations have been behind schedule because of numerous motives because it become final held in 2006.
- NLC Strike: Analyzing President Tinubu’s Fuel Subsidy Removal Rationale
- North Korea Unveils First Tactical, Nuclear-Armed Submarine
- Hong Kong Swamped After Heaviest Rain in one hundred forty Years
- Oyetola: Ministry of Marine and Blue Economy to Engage Customs for Improved Productivity
- Tribunal judgment: Atiku gambling closing politics, Peter Obi can’t be President – Primate Ayodele
- Tantita Security Demands Release of Detained Operatives, Insists Arrest Was in Error
- Pochettino desires younger Chelsea to examine from Nottingham Forest surprise
- ‘My legs have been shaking’ as Madrid fanatics sang ‘Hey Jude’ — Bellingham